The mission of Fincantieri Marine Repair is to provide great value to our customers by providing on time quality marine service.
FMR operates upon the core values of safety, respect, and trust:
- FMR will always put the safety of the employees, contractors, and customers first.
- FMR employees respect our community and strive to earn a mutual level of respect from all.
- FMR strives to earn trust from all by completing our obligations safely, respectfully, and timely.
Customer Engagement Vision:
- We place a high value on delivering safely on our promises to the customer to build trust.
- We strive to be the best value option.
- Strategic customer relationships are fostered and nurtured/maintained; All customers are valued and respected by employees.
- We do not tolerate treating people and property disrespectfully. We praise publicly and counsel privately. Our employees treat the vessels and equipment with respect, as they would their own.
- Be Safe! Be Respectful! Be Trustworthy!
- FMR fosters a safe and inclusive work environment for all employees and subcontractors
- We do what’s right, not just what’s easy.
- Working safely is considered in all that we do, and results in consistent safe maritime practices.
- All FMR employees and subcontractors have the power to stop work for safety reasons.
- Subcontractors are highly valued and respected as a trusted team member.
- Subcontractor payments are timely. FMR measures subcontractor satisfaction through surveys.
- Decisions are made at the level that is appropriate as defined by our processes, roles, contracts, and business directives.
- Our facilities optimize workforce productivity through the efficient layout of shops, piers, and warehouses.
- The workforce follows a simple cleanliness rule, “Leave the work site better than you found it each day.”
- All tools are in good working condition and available for use when needed. Our tools are calibrated within periodicity requirements. Damaged tools/equipment are taken out of service immediately.
- Our facility and work processes comply with Environmental, Health, and Safety regulatory requirements.
- We use Visual Management throughout to increase safety and operational performance.
- We equip our workforce with the right tools to do the job.
- Our processes are designed to create value by minimizing waste and maximizing safety.
- Daily task assignments and commitments are set and clear to everyone.
- Critical processes are identified, tracked, and analyzed to target opportunities for improvement.
- Accomplishment of all requirements is met through, adherence to our processes.
- Continuous improvement of our processes is expected of our process owners and encouraged by all employees.
- Our processes are designed to be executable and repeatable.